Monday, July 04, 2005

28th June 2005

Thanks to PTCL, I feel an un-nerving urge to post something on my blog. Not because the PTCL’s employee protests and the privatization exercise has moved me to write this one, but the fact that its server being down for last two days has left me with nothing to do at work. Yes, I spend my time at work quite constructively - taking breaks to work on projects between intense browsing sessions.

I don’t know whether routine is a good or a bad thing. I know for sure though my internet routine is not healthy. I come into the office at nine thirty in the morning, meet a prospective client, ask for coffee, switch on the radio and then hit internet explorer). I am addicted to an extensive morning browsing session and equally lengthy afternoon session, I end up staying late at work most times just to enjoy a broadband connection, which is not available otherwise.

I guess its quite weird to have internet addiction, I believe a lot of people round the world must be facing this dilemma - their lives completely over run by the world wide web, but it doesn’t make me feel any better that I am lagging on my projects sometimes because I am more online than needed. Sometimes, when I step outside in bright sunlight, it almost looks surreal… and yet there is no PTCL server today to router me to all these amazingly wonderful things… they call web pages.

Update: PTCL’s cable will be down for another few days, it is an international undersea cable issue. Apparently couple of other countries are also affected. My news source is a little sketchy. There was no internet after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home